Friday, February 5, 2010

Урок три, или четыре...

Yaaay! Tomorrow my Russian language course will finally begin:) It went all well, the meeting with the teacher I mean. It´s actually quite amusing, the fact that my Russian teacher in Finland (she´s Finnish) has more of the stereotypical character of a, well, Russian Russian teacher than the original ones. In other words, she seemed nice, and surprisingly enough more willing to teach me how to talk (maybe that tells everything about how bad my Russian skills actually are) than to teach me grammar... Hihi!

In one week from now, the room I'm renting will be rented out to some other girl, this means I have to find myself some other accommodation. I'm not that frightened about the issue than before, pretty calm actually -I've learned to see it as one big adventure. My life here in St. Petersburg must not be of the most exciting level then, as I have to find the excitements from issues of such serious nature... And it's actually true, my life here has been surprisingly modest when it comes to excitement, so far mostly circling around the work and beuraueqratical processes. Well, now when there seems to be a couple of weeks break in the paperwork and the correspondence with the legal authorities, I will have more time for fun. As my passport is in for registration I can't leave the town, though... But there are no shortage of things to see and things to do here either!

I just realized I haven't mentioned my work even once yet! I enjoy my work, though I haven't had so many concrete assignments yet. My co-workers seems to think I now better Russian than I in fact do, as they keep sending me these translation tasks. And yes, I'm talking about eng-rus-eng translation now:) It was hard, but at the same time rewarding, as it was a great opportunity to practice Russian. I haven't answered the phone yet, I'll think I give it one more week:) I'm deathly scared of it, even though I spoke with a real estate agent by phone today.

Tomorrow I will attend a concert we got tickets to via the office. I will also meet a Russian lady I got in touch with through facebook:)

Before I get my beauty-sleep I have to tell you about my observations: as we all know, Russian women wear high heels in every sort of weather. But what you didn't know, is that Russian men have developed their own kind of look as well: Russian haircut -or should we rather talk about anti haircut, at least when it comes to the back of the neck:) That was all for now!

4 comments:

  1. Onko niillä takatukka vai? Is it a mullet? Or Ewan McGregor-tail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eihän Ewan McGregorilla takatukkaa ole, vai onko? Joillakin enemmän, joillakin vahemmän, mutta ehkä sellaisen otsiksen verran ylimääräistä niskassa. Pistää kyllä silmään, ja jännä et se ei ole mikään uusi juttu. 10 vuotta sitten kun ensimmäisen kerran kävin Pietarissa, silloin oli jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ne on jymähtäny kasariin, tai sit niillä ei oo varaa käyä usein parturissa. Ewanilla on semmonen piiiitkä ohut letti takana muuten lyhyessä tukassa. Oli muotia mun ala-aste-aikoina, ihan sillon alussa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ei ei, ei se rahasta kiinni ole. Parturissa voi varta vasten teettää itselleen kyseisen hiusmallin :) Joo, ja toinen versio siitä on pelkkä otsis, muuten kaljussa päässä.

    ReplyDelete