Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yrok 2

Hello everybody, and especially Sonja, this one is for you, as you commented on my decision on choosing Swedish as the language for this blog yesterday...

Anyways, today is all in all a better day than yesterday -isn't that the goal of life btw, that every day should be better than the previous one?

I have learned that in Russia it's impossible to have more than one thing done on the same day. Usually it needs at least a couple of days to get something worked out... It could there for be stated as a fact, that you should celebrate every time you get something worked out! I did, celebrate I mean. With noting less than Blinis! I have been eating at least one Blini almost every day since my arrival... Today I only had one though... I also bought some veggies, to compensate for the loss of vitamins, and the tremendous amount of carbs I've put my body to deal with since my arrival. Overall, I've noticed, since my day of arrival I've become more and more aware of what I'm wearing and how I look. It's scary! It's like the Russian way of thinking is taking me over while I'm sleeping, and I can do nothing to control it. Not to mention the fact that those patterns of thinking are fighting against everything I believe in and who I am... Well, I can always change back into ordinary lesbian looking me after coming back :) And I have to point out: nothing have actually changed yet. Yet.

Well, back to my point, I actually had one a while ago. The important things I got worked out and that sheered my day up to that extent I had to celebrate with blinis, have to do with the visa and the registration. If everything work's out well, the government will have nothing to complain about next time I apply for a visa, neither will I be deported before the end of my stay, and in three-four weeks I could actually be able to start to dig for treasures, and find some special places to always keep in my heart! <3>

The thing I didn't got worked out was to get to the university on time to meet the teachers for the course in Russian. Yes, here you have to meet the teachers in person before you start on you'r courses, maybe to shake hands, I don't know. Why I didn't get there on time? I got lost. First I took the wrong exit from the metro station, and then I walked a couple of blocks in the wrong direction. The walk that normally (read: hopefully tomorrow) would take about 10 minutes, took me about 40... Well, I'll try again tomorrow!

Actually I don´t know if I will have one or two teachers, but I got the names of two anyway. Neither do I know whether you always have to meet them, or if it just has something to do with the fact that I'm taking (or actually receiving) private lectures...

Speaking about shaking hands, you can always behave like me when meeting the dean for the first time, to register at the university... She held up the door, with a huuuuuge gesture (actually stood there with her arms wide open) and with did I do? Tried to hug her of course! We all had a great laugh, but the situation told everything about how lonely and vulnerable you sometimes feel standing naked in front of the bureaucratic system...

3 comments:

  1. And you were node too? You ARE a lesbian ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, typo, i mean "nude rude little biatz!" And maybe the node of 2 or three worlds too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Sonja, what can I say? You should be proud, I´m speechless -and I seldom am!

    ReplyDelete