Sunday, February 28, 2010

Спорт!

I survived one month without sports, if you don't count the fact that I'm walking to the office and back home, several times a week, 30 minutes walk in one direction. I signed up at a local fitness centre, the closest one I could find, and it's just as expensive as in Finland... Well, at least I now have a hobby, besides my Russian studies.

I tried some of the aerobic-classes today, and I have to say that they take these things really serious here -the classes are held with the same strong armor of discipline as everything else in Russia. You are not supposed to do wrong, because then it's not efficient! And yes, it was efficient, very very efficient... I attended aerobics, and it was like straight from a boot-camp session, as well as belly-dance today! Belly-dance is my new hobby:) They have striptease-dance as well, but without pools... Sad :(

When I visited the place first time yesterday, to do some gymming, I watched a class for a while. It was a dance class, and it looked really silly to me, the trainer showing you precisely all the time, and stopping the music all the time. In Finland the dance-classes at the fitness-centres are the not that serious, you just move along to the non-stopping music as well as you can. Here the dance classes are more on the same level as in private dance-schools!

I thought I was going to walk around city, in some parts of the city where I haven't been yet, but the weather is so horrible you just don't want to get out. They are removing snow and ice everywhere, cutting of the streets, water and snow-slush everywhere, something wet and cold coming down from the sky, and it's really slippery. So I guess I spend my Sunday at home.

1 comment:

  1. You HAVE TO go to the striptease class! They don't teach that in our university sports classes. When you come back, you'll show me how to bounce the tits and shake your booty! See you tomorrow, babe!

    ReplyDelete