Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh no! Now it's happening again... I'm talking about the disappearing of my Cyrillic letters. My computer sometimes do some silly things of his own (yes, my computer is a he, what about yours?) How do you live in Russia without cyrillic letters? This means we are not going to have a header today... If you haven't noticed, all headers are written in Russian. Always write your headers in Russian.

I went to the hairdresser's today, I feel pretty:)

Tomorrow I'm moving away from the woman I'm living at now. It somehow feel's a little bit sad, I loved the area. It's one sad, gray, ugly and depressing area, but somehow so REAL. It really reflects what Russia is all about: reality, rock-steady, survival, down to earth... To get to know Russia, and to really understand what it's all about, it's not enough to just scratch the facade -you have to dig a little bit deeper, and you will find the ever-lasting beauty of an underestimated and misunderstood giant. One reason why I'm so ridiculously obsessed with Russia, is that I identify myself with this country, by personality I mean.

Anyway, new area and new ways to get lost, starting from tomorrow!

Tomorrow I will also enter Ikea, yay :) You always have to go to Ikea when moving. I hope they have Swedish köttbullar here as well, I could combine them with blinis... I'm still having blinis several times a week. Lucky me the room I'm going to rent is furnished with an exercise cycle! Another bike is hanging from the roof (!) in the restroom, waiting for more biker-friendly weather.

We celebrated the national day of the diplomats at the work today, with some sparkling wine, what else? A nice way to end the week...

I have to go shoe and bag shopping during the weekend as well. I have to find some proper (decent-looking) shoes to wear at work, my unisex all-weather shoes just don't due... I would also need something colorful to wear... Hmmm... The problem is, when you don't want to spend your money on coloring the hair, you look gray. And when you by fact like to wear gray clothes as well, you just look totally gray!

That's all for now, I still have some Russian homework to do.

3 comments:

  1. Åtminstone i min Ikea har de köttbullar med lingonsylt. Kom också ihåg att köpa hörlurar till Skypen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have the attitude of a true philosopher-explorer! Send some pics of your new pretty hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures are on their way! Sonja, do you have skype? And yes, they had swedish meatballs at Ikea, and they also had blinis! I didn't try them though... Another time!

    ReplyDelete